Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Amit Patel via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org> on 2022/12/08 16:06:49 UTC

Cassandra 4.0.7 - issue - service not starting

Hi,

I have installed cassandra-4.0.7-1.noarch  - repo ( baseurl=https://redhat.cassandra.apache.org/40x/noboolean/)  on Redhat 7.9.

We have configured the below properties in cassandra.yaml

Basic Parameters configured in  /etc/cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml"

cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
seed_provider:
  - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
    parameters:
         - seeds: "10.33.1.200"
listen_address: cdb-server01.local
rpc_address: 10.33.1.200
endpoint_snitch: GossipingPropertyFileSnitch

when I start the Cassandra it fails to start.

Below : system.log ( I don’t think it is related yaml issue but something else) .

INFO  [main] 2022-12-08 13:20:57,923 YamlConfigurationLoader.java:97 - Configuration location: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Exception (org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException) encountered during startup: Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

ERROR [main] 2022-12-08 13:20:58,185 CassandraDaemon.java:911 - Exception encountered during startup: Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

I would appreciate if you please advice what is wrong?  I have tried older version also 4.0.6 and 4.0.4 but same error even with default installation (config files) same issue.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Amit Patel

This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. This message is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete
it from your system. Please visit our website to read the full disclaimer
www.euroclear.com/disclaimer and for Euroclear Group company
information www.euroclear.com/aboutus

RE: Cassandra 4.0.7 - issue - service not starting

Posted by Amit Patel via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>.
Resolved the issue :

Issue was  Java Security we have configured to allow only TLS 1.2 and above .  Had to change to as per below.
# cat java.security |grep TLS
#jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, DH keySize, MD5withRSA < 2048, TLSv1, TLSv1.1
jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, DSA, RSA keySize < 2048, TLSv1, TLSv1.1  (changed to this)

Posted by Amit Patel via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>.

Posted by Amit Patel via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>.
java -version

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Patel via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>.
Even default installation and config files (I have not changed anything) same issue , cassandra service does not start.

cat cassandra.log
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/Columns$Serializer.deserializeLargeSubset (Lorg/apache/cassandra/io/util/DataInputPlus;Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns;I)Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns;
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/Columns$Serializer.serializeLargeSubset (Ljava/util/Collection;ILorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns;ILorg/apache/cassandra/io/util/DataOutputPlus;)V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/Columns$Serializer.serializeLargeSubsetSize (Ljava/util/Collection;ILorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns;I)I
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/commitlog/AbstractCommitLogSegmentManager.advanceAllocatingFrom (Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/commitlog/CommitLogSegment;)V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/transform/BaseIterator.tryGetMoreContents ()Z
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/transform/StoppingTransformation.stop ()V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/transform/StoppingTransformation.stopInPartition ()V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/io/util/BufferedDataOutputStreamPlus.doFlush (I)V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/io/util/BufferedDataOutputStreamPlus.writeSlow (JI)V
CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/io/util/RebufferingInputStream.readPrimitiveSlowly (I)J
CompilerOracle: exclude org/apache/cassandra/utils/JVMStabilityInspector.forceHeapSpaceOomMaybe (Ljava/lang/OutOfMemoryError;)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/db/rows/UnfilteredSerializer.serializeRowBody (Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/rows/Row;ILorg/apache/cassandra/db/rows/SerializationHelper;Lorg/apache/cassandra/io/util/DataOutputPlus;)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/io/util/Memory.checkBounds (JJ)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/io/util/SafeMemory.checkBounds (JJ)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/net/FrameDecoderWith8bHeader.decode (Ljava/util/Collection;Lorg/apache/cassandra/net/ShareableBytes;I)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/service/reads/repair/RowIteratorMergeListener.applyToPartition (ILjava/util/function/Consumer;)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/AsymmetricOrdering.selectBoundary (Lorg/apache/cassandra/utils/AsymmetricOrdering/Op;II)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/AsymmetricOrdering.strictnessOfLessThan (Lorg/apache/cassandra/utils/AsymmetricOrdering/Op;)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/BloomFilter.indexes (Lorg/apache/cassandra/utils/IFilter/FilterKey;)[J
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/BloomFilter.setIndexes (JJIJ[J)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/ByteBufferUtil.compare (Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;[B)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/ByteBufferUtil.compare ([BLjava/nio/ByteBuffer;)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/ByteBufferUtil.compareUnsigned (Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/FastByteOperations$UnsafeOperations.compareTo (Ljava/lang/Object;JILjava/lang/Object;JI)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/FastByteOperations$UnsafeOperations.compareTo (Ljava/lang/Object;JILjava/nio/ByteBuffer;)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/FastByteOperations$UnsafeOperations.compareTo (Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;)I
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/memory/BufferPool$LocalPool.tryGetInternal (IZ)Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/vint/VIntCoding.encodeUnsignedVInt (JI)[B
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/vint/VIntCoding.encodeUnsignedVInt (JI[B)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/vint/VIntCoding.writeUnsignedVInt (JLjava/io/DataOutput;)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/vint/VIntCoding.writeUnsignedVInt (JLjava/nio/ByteBuffer;)V
CompilerOracle: inline org/apache/cassandra/utils/vint/VIntCoding.writeVInt (JLjava/io/DataOutput;)V
INFO  [main] 2022-12-08 16:19:54,456 YamlConfigurationLoader.java:97 - Configuration location: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Exception (org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException) encountered during startup: Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 11, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'Test Cluster'
    ^

Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 11, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'Test Cluster'
    ^

ERROR [main] 2022-12-08 16:19:54,674 CassandraDaemon.java:911 - Exception encountered during startup: Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 11, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'Test Cluster'
    ^

CAUTION: This email comes from outside Euroclear! Be vigilant!
I have seen this when there is a tab character in the yaml file. Yaml is (too) picky on these things.

Sean R. Durity
DB Solutions
Staff Systems Engineer – Cassandra

Hi Arvydas, CompilerOracle: dontinline org/apache/cassandra/db/Columns$Serializer. deserializeLargeSubset (Lorg/apac he/cassandra/io/util/DataInputPlus;Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns;I)Lorg/apache/cassandra/db/Columns; CompilerOracle: dontinline

[...]

INFO  [main] 2022-12-08 16:21:02,915 YamlConfigurationLoader.java:97 - Configuration location: file:/et
c/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Exception (org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException) encountered during startup: Invalid
yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; excepti
on=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'EUIfunds DBCluster'
    ^

Invalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; excepti
on=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

ERROR [main] 2022-12-08 16:21:03,142 CassandraDaemon.java:911 - Exception encountered during startup: I
nvalid yaml: file:/etc/cassandra/default.conf/cassandra.yaml
Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; excepti
on=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
   cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

INTERNAL USE
CAUTION: This email comes from outside Euroclear! Be vigilant!
Amit,

W/ould you be able to provide the full stacktrace?

Arvydas

I have installed cassandra-4.0.7-1.noarch  - repo ( baseurl=https://redhat.cassandra.apache.org/40x/noboolean/ [redhat.cassandra.apache.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/redhat.cassandra.apache.org/40x/noboolean/__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!MKgi_dclAvNTgmq-NqE1PAULjrVd15W6JeUgtyq32ebahRZBvV7Z0HHVDXbnEXWnb5eF6sYVd_i16UfSeN4OsiNeazo$>)  on Redhat 7.9.

[...]

Error: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org [yaml.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/yaml.org__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!MKgi_dclAvNTgmq-NqE1PAULjrVd15W6JeUgtyq32ebahRZBvV7Z0HHVDXbnEXWnb5eF6sYVd_i16UfSeN4OtTuT9dA$>,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
in 'reader', line 12, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'CDBCluster'
    ^

www.euroclear.com/disclaimer [euroclear.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.euroclear.com/disclaimer__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!MKgi_dclAvNTgmq-NqE1PAULjrVd15W6JeUgtyq32ebahRZBvV7Z0HHVDXbnEXWnb5eF6sYVd_i16UfSeN4OdaN-joo$> and for Euroclear Group company

information www.euroclear.com/aboutus [euroclear.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.euroclear.com/aboutus__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!MKgi_dclAvNTgmq-NqE1PAULjrVd15W6JeUgtyq32ebahRZBvV7Z0HHVDXbnEXWnb5eF6sYVd_i16UfSeN4O6k78wyM$>

Posted by Arvydas Jonusonis <ar...@gmail.com>.
Amit,