Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by William Guo <gu...@outlook.com> on 2017/09/30 01:23:39 UTC

Re: Griffin Accuracy Doubts

hi Vidyaranya,

Please check my comments inline.

Thanks,

William

________________________________
From: Vidyaranya Malladi <vi...@nielsen.com>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 10:06 PM
To: guoyp@apache.org; guoiii@outlook.com
Cc: dev@griffin.incubator.apache.org; Mara Preotescu; Abishek Kunduru; Ananthanarayanan Ms
Subject: Griffin Accuracy Doubts

Dear William,
 Good day. Please let us know on the below questions that we have

1. Does Griffin plan to support multi table being src eg. src table frame from a qry joined thro tabl1,tabl2,tabln and selected few cols and then finally use that as src and similarly for destination as well

--Yes, Since we have change our backend to fully support sql.

2. Would Griffin support the result metric col wise instead of overall matched count.
eg if src table is having 4 cols and dest is having 4 or more cols and user wants to check the accuracy of col4 which is 'price' in src and destination by having a new col added to the src table as '%change' which would be abs(src_price - dest_price)/100

--Yes, Since we have change our backend to fully support sql.

Fact_tag        fact_sDesc      fat_Ldesc       SRC Fact_precision      SRC Data        TGT Data        % Chg
f000000000000000000100000000000000000000        Units   Sales Units     1       25510.00        2551.00 0.00
f000000000000000000100000000000000000001        Units (any promo)       Sales Units (any promo) 1       5846.00 584.59  0.00
f000000000000000000100000000000000000002        Units (no promo)        Sales Units (no promo)  1       17172.00        1717.25 0.00

3. Support udfs on the cols before comparing, eg one of our src is a table from mainframe format where dots/decimals are ignore and we have to apply a logic to get the decimals

--For UDFs, if it registered in your computing cluster, it should be fine from command line. we are considering to refactor ui to support sql editor directly.
but how to provide better user experience from front end for UDF, we are still considering it.

4. Last time we discussed few features were said to be discussed to support could you please let us know if we have any road map for the same. like advanced sql features and adding groupby clause/udfs etc

--Support SQL is already done, will have a quick release after we fully tested and reviewed.

5. Griffin compares the cols selected by using them in joins, do we plan to enhance to check if the user could select few cols other than the mentioned in joins and we need to compare the src col's value vs dest col's value lets say without the join and only by order by clause.

select col from src order by prikey
select col from tgt order by prikey

src.col vs tgt.col instead of the join key . Please let us know.

-- For this case, it depends on how would you like to map src.col with tgt.col, we don't need join key if you can elaborate mapping in sql since we are fully supporting sql.

Thank you very much.

Thanks & Regards
M. Vidyaranya
NDX
TCS - Nielsen Relationship
Mobile  : +91 9790591311

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Griffin Accuracy Doubts

Posted by Ananthanarayanan Ms <an...@nielsen.com>.
Hi Lionel,
Thank you and the griffin-dsl works for this usecase and yes, awaiting for
the next release to capture other usecase as one of our usecase is to use
more than 1 table joined by a sql and use it as src vs again multi sliced
table joined as tgt sql and do a accuracy check.

Regards,
Ananthanarayanan.M.S

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com> wrote:

> [...]
>

> Regards,
> Ananthanarayanan.M.S
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ananthanarayanan.M.S,
>> Sorry for the late reply, I think you are trying accuracy measure by
>> configuring the field "dsl.type" as "spark-sql", not as "griffin-dsl",
>> right?
>> If you just want to use accuracy, you'd better try "griffin-dsl", and
>> configure "dq.type" as "accuracy", with "rule" like this "source.name =
>> target.name and source.age = target.age".
>> For "spark-sql" type, we add a column "__tmst" into the sql, and group by
>> it, to fit some streaming cases, but it does need some background
>> knowledge, for example, like accuracy case, when there're multiple data
>> sources, sql engine can not recognize the column "__tmst" belongs to source
>> or target, so it is ambiguous, we'll fix this bug in later version.
>> After all, for accuracy cases, we recommend you use the configuration of
>> rule like this:
>> {
>>   "dsl.type": "griffin-dsl",
>>   "dq.type": "accuracy",
>>   "rule": "source.name = target.name and source.age = target.age"
>> }
>>

>> Hope this can help you, thanks a lot.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Lionel, Liu
>>
>> At 2017-11-21 20:42:45, "Ananthanarayanan Ms" <
>> ananthanarayanan.ms.ap@nielsen.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lionel,
>>  Even after changing, the issue still remains and looks like during join
>> as both src and tgt are already populated withColumn *__tmst *hence here
>> it shows* '__tmst' is ambiguous. *Could you please help to check and
>> clarify.
>>
>> 17/11/21 08:38:46 ERROR engine.SparkSqlEngine: run spark sql [ SELECT
>> `__tmst` AS `__tmst`, source.product_id, source.market_id,
>> source.period_id,source.s5_volume_rom_distrib FROM source LEFT JOIN
>> target *ON *coalesce(source.period_id, 'null') =
>> coalesce(target.period_id, 'null') and coalesce(source.market_id, 'null') =
>> coalesce(target.market_id, 'null') and coalesce(source.product_id, 'null')
>> = coalesce(target.product_id, 'null') *WHERE *(NOT (source.product_id IS
>> NULL AND source.market_id IS NULL AND source. period_id IS NULL)) AND
>> target.product_id IS NULL AND target.market_id IS NULL AND target.period_id
>> IS NULL GROUP BY `__tmst` ] error: Reference '__tmst' is ambiguous, could
>> be: __tmst#145L, __tmst#146L.; line 1 pos 566
>>

>> Regards,
>> Ananthanarayanan.M.S
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ananthanarayanan.M.S,
>>>
>>> Actually, we add a new column `__tmst` for each table, to persist the
>>> timestamp of each data row.
>>> But the sql you list seems not like our exact logic, so I want to see
>>> your accuracy rule statement to have a check.
>>>
>>> if your accuracy rule statement is like:
>>> "source.product_id = target.product_id, source.market_id =

Posted by Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com>.
Hi Ananthanarayanan.M.S,

At 2017-11-21 20:42:45, "Ananthanarayanan Ms" <an...@nielsen.com> wrote:

[...]

"SELECT source.* FROM source LEFT JOIN target ON coalesce(source. product_id, 'null') = coalesce(target. product_id, 'null') and coalesce(source.market_id, 'null') = coalesce(target.market_id, 'null') and coalesce(source. period_id, 'null') = coalesce(target. period_id, 'null') WHERE (NOT (source.product_id IS NULL AND source.market_id IS NULL AND source. period_id IS NULL)) AND target.product_id IS NULL AND source.market_id IS NULL AND source. period_id IS NULL".

Posted by Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com>.
Hi Ananthanarayanan.M.S,

Posted by Lionel Liu <bh...@163.com>.
Hi Ananthanarayanan.M.S,