Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/01/30 04:56:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

The Apache Livy community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2). We would like to request that the
Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release candidate.

Apache Livy (incubating) is web service that exposes a REST interface for
managing long running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. With Livy, new
applications can be built on top of Apache Spark that require fine grained
interaction with many Spark contexts.

The livy dev voting thread can be found here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00297.html

And the results here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00308.html

Git tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/tree/v0.5.0-incubating-rc2

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/

Staging artifacts can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelivy-1005/

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

	[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating

Thank you on behalf of the Apache Livy community,

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
This vote has passed with three +1 binding votes and no -1s or 0s.

+1 (binding):
Justin Mclean
Luciano Resende
Jean-Baptiste Onofré (carried over from the Livy dev vote)

Thank you to those that voted, I will follow up with the release and
announcement at the start of next week.

From:	"Alex Bozarth" <aj...@us.ibm.com>
To:	general@incubator.apache.org
Cc:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	01/29/2018 08:56 PM
Subject:	[VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

The Apache Livy community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2). We would like to request that the
Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release candidate.

Apache Livy (incubating) is web service that exposes a REST interface for
managing long running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. With Livy, new
applications can be built on top of Apache Spark that require fine grained
interaction with many Spark contexts.

The livy dev voting thread can be found here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mail-2Darchive.com_dev-40livy.incubator.apache.org_msg00297.html&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=KMyzqbWH-_wvXigmaGS87yHcYzpZNbJiY8bTu_mzt88&s=A4Zj9gq_lY03yGNaX1_vdv2qhHnUGV4L977gCZNZ9SI&e=

And the results here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mail-2Darchive.com_dev-40livy.incubator.apache.org_msg00308.html&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=KMyzqbWH-_wvXigmaGS87yHcYzpZNbJiY8bTu_mzt88&s=bkZOidHCkYJLm_b8zKiBTgmrMwPVokBfx1RwY81U4po&e=

Git tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_incubator-2Dlivy_tree_v0.5.0-2Dincubating-2Drc2&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=KMyzqbWH-_wvXigmaGS87yHcYzpZNbJiY8bTu_mzt88&s=O_kxYpiepl0wVaKyaz8eCsYl-MH4tUR33TVpv3FPjuY&e=

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
at:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dist.apache.org_repos_dist_dev_incubator_livy_&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=KMyzqbWH-_wvXigmaGS87yHcYzpZNbJiY8bTu_mzt88&s=p94R0sDvo-3IQsQ7K6hCpkyQw-7I-jDjFkBnnzT2O7o&e=

Staging artifacts can be found at:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__repository.apache.org_content_repositories_orgapachelivy-2D1005_&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=KMyzqbWH-_wvXigmaGS87yHcYzpZNbJiY8bTu_mzt88&s=io8fHD48IMg_fp25H7oJMG29WbUK012gQ-U9F5oB-bQ&e=

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
HI,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is OK but missing a license [1][2]
- please update year in NOTICE
- all source files have ASF headers
- no unexpected binary files in release
- Can compile from source

I did get some failing tests btw, I just ran again skipping the tests and it compiled fine.

Thanks,
Justin

1. livy-0.5.0-incubating-src/docs/assets/themes/apache/bootstrap/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular/*
2. livy-0.5.0-incubating-src/server/src/main/resources/org/apache/livy/server/ui/static/fonts/*

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:56 PM Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> The Apache Livy community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
> Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2). We would like to request that the
> Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release candidate.
>
> Apache Livy (incubating) is web service that exposes a REST interface for
> managing long running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. With Livy, new
> applications can be built on top of Apache Spark that require fine grained
> interaction with many Spark contexts.
>

> The livy dev voting thread can be found here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00297.html
>
> And the results here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00308.html
>
> Git tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/tree/v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
>
> All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
> at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/
>
> Staging artifacts can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelivy-1005/
>

> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
>         [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating
>
>         [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
>

> Thank you on behalf of the Apache Livy community,
>
>  Alex Bozarth
>  Software Engineer
>  Spark Technology Center
>

>  E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
>  GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
>                                                                    505
> Howard Street
>                                                              San
> Francisco, CA 94105
>
>  United States
>

> --
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:56 PM Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> The Apache Livy community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
> Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating (RC2). We would like to request that the
> Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release candidate.
>
> Apache Livy (incubating) is web service that exposes a REST interface for
> managing long running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. With Livy, new
> applications can be built on top of Apache Spark that require fine grained
> interaction with many Spark contexts.
>

> The livy dev voting thread can be found here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00297.html
>
> And the results here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@livy.incubator.apache.org/msg00308.html
>
> Git tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/tree/v0.5.0-incubating-rc2
>
> All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
> at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/
>
> Staging artifacts can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelivy-1005/
>

> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
>         [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Livy 0.5.0-incubating
>
>         [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
>

> Thank you on behalf of the Apache Livy community,
>
>  Alex Bozarth
>  Software Engineer
>  Spark Technology Center
>

>  E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com