Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/08 00:01:25 UTC

LDAP - null values for uniqueMember

I'm attempting to load the Ldif file for the setup1 of apacheds and I'm
getting errors telling me that the unique member attribute has to have a
value but everywhere I read in the jetspeed documentation says that there
has to be an empty value for the uniqueMember attribute.

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://server.com:10389
#!DATE 2007-04-07T12:55:09.718
#!ERROR Record is invalid
dn: cn=Group2,o=sevenSeas
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
uniqueMember:
cn: Group2

if I remove the attribute I get this error.

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://rhythmicearth.com:10389
#!DATE 2007-04-07T14:27:14.015
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 65 - failed to add entry cn=Group2,o=sevenSeas:
Required attributes [2.5.4.50] not found within entry cn=Group2,o=sevenSeas]
dn: cn=Group2,o=sevenSeas
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: Group2

a little about my unusual directory server.
I've gone with the embeded Apache DS because I don't want to start up
another java instance for apacheds. I've loaded the Jetspeed.schema using
the Schema generator for apacheds and I've created a configuration with the
basic attributes, Inceptors and Bootstrap Schema.

I've copied the security-spi-ldap.xml file to the jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly
directory.

Is there any file that needs to be removed?

I've been able to log into jetspeed with admin user but the administrative
interface does not show up.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dominique

Re: LDAP - null values for uniqueMember

Posted by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com>.
I'm wondering if jetspeed is not reading the user role attribute properly.

In the ldap database under cn=role1 I have a
uniquemember=uid=admin,ou=People,ou=OrgUnit1

I'm wondering if the reason I'm not getting the admin user interface is
because the constructor arguemnt for roleMembershipAttributes is member and
not uniquemember.

These are the constructor arguments in security-spi-ldap.xml

      <!-- The roleMembershipAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg index="9"><value>member</value></constructor-arg>
      <!-- The userRoleMembershipAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg index="10"><value></value></constructor-arg>
      <!-- The groupMembershipAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg
index="11"><value>uniqueMember</value></constructor-arg>
      <!-- The userGroupMembershipAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg index="12"><value></value></constructor-arg>
      <!-- The groupMembershipForRoleAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg
index="13"><value>uniqueMember</value></constructor-arg>
      <!-- The roleGroupMembershipForRoleAttributes. -->
      <constructor-arg index="14"><value></value></constructor-arg>

Posted by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com>.
I've tried to add

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,