Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by fe...@lozano.eti.br on 2009/11/09 16:38:03 UTC

Struts 1.3 and portlet bridge

Hi there,

Anyone had an issue on using the Porltet Bridge 1.0.4 with Strtus 1.3.10 (or anything newer than
1.2.7)?

I myself had no problems so far, but people here are nervous because the portlet bridge docs state
it was made for 1.2.7 and assume it would not be safe with later releases.

Maybe you just need to change the web site and state "1.2.7 or later, including 1.3.x". :-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano

Re: Struts 1.3 and portlet bridge

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
fernando@lozano.eti.br wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Anyone had an issue on using the Porltet Bridge 1.0.4 with Strtus 1.3.10 (or anything newer than
> 1.2.7)?
>
> I myself had no problems so far, but people here are nervous because the portlet bridge docs state
> it was made for 1.2.7 and assume it would not be safe with later releases.
>
> Maybe you just need to change the web site and state "1.2.7 or later, including 1.3.x". :-)

Hi Fernando,

I have no problem with mentioning the current Struts Portlet Bridge already supports 1.3.x, but so far had no feedback on this.

IMO a critical aspect which needs to be validated first is if the Struts 1.3.x taglibs haven't changed such that the Struts Portlet Bridge
"overlaying" of these taglibs is not "masking" new tags/attributes etc.
I remember this did happen with a previous "upgrade" (I think from 1.2.4 -> 1.2.7) and therefore required upgrade/synchronize the Struts
Portlet Bridge taglibs too to make it really compatible.

If you're willing to investigate and validate this and confirm there is no need to synchronize the taglibs, I can easily update the website
thereafter.

Regards,

Ate