Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2009/03/05 15:47:59 UTC

public apology for company spam

This morning, an apparently over-zealous marketing firm, on behalf of
the company I work for, sent out a marketing email to a large number
of subscribers of the Lucene email lists.  This was done without my
knowledge or approval, and I can assure you that I'll make all efforts
to prevent it from happening again.

Sincerest apologies,
-Yonik

Re: public apology for company spam

Posted by Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>.
Yes, it is good to learn that Yonik, Erik et al are also human-beings. :-)
Thanks for all your contributions to Lucene/Solr, this list and the OSS
community in general.

Best,
Shashi

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
Yonik,

-

Re: public apology for company spam

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
Yonik,

-

Re: public apology for company spam

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 5-Mar-09, at 6:47 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> This morning, an apparently over-zealous marketing firm, on behalf of
> the company I work for, sent out a marketing email to a large number
> of subscribers of the Lucene email lists.  This was done without my
> knowledge or approval, and I can assure you that I'll make all efforts
> to prevent it from happening again.

It would be forgivable if only the email didn't contain the
misspelling "Lucen" :)

-Mike