Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Michael Prieß <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2011/04/01 11:16:09 UTC

Monitor Camel with Nagios

Hi,

i have the problem that i like to monitor my camel routes with Nagios.
Know anyone a Nagios plugin or something else to monitor camel with
Nagios active easily?

JMX provide a few attributes like ExchangesTotal and ExchangesFailed
this is nice but not easy to monitor. What i need is a attribute
everythingisfine with value true or false.

Regards,

Michael

Re: Monitor Camel with Nagios

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Michael Prieß
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your fast response.
>
> I know that i can get notifications from camel but i like that nagios
> call camel and check if the route is running. So i need a attribute
> which can i easy check without
> saving timestamps.

You can use JMX.

Or you can develop a custom service which nagios can invoke, and that
service can return back "I am OK" or "Hey something is wrong".

The service can use JMX to check the health of Camel, or use
EventNotifer to listen for feedback. Or use API on CamelContext or
whatever.

In the future we want to expose a REST based API for health and
statistics as well. Eg to unify JMX and REST.

The REST API is documented here:
http://camel.apache.org/web-console.html

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Monitor Camel with Nagios

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that Michael is looking for a component that they can use to
> connect to Camel from Nagios active ...

And that's what camel-nagios can do.
It can send ALERTS to nagios from Camel, when something goes wrong,
such as an Exchange failed.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi