Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hari Baskar <co...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/12/13 15:01:45 UTC

solrcloud in production - Jetty vs tomcat

We are setting up solrcloud 6.6 in production. In some blogs, I see that Jetty is not recommended in prod environment. Is that the case ? Any specific disadvantages of going with Jetty ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: solrcloud in production - Jetty vs tomcat

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ct...@apache.org>.
That is an old recommendation. Since Solr 5, Solr is no longer a war and
Tomcat is not supported. With modern Solr, you have only the one choice of
going to production with Jetty and there are hundreds (thousands maybe?) of
Solr implementations that do so. Jetty is now considered an "implementation
detail" that you shouldn't need to worry about to effectively run Solr for
yourself or your organization.

For more information on the war change, see also
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar.