Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Goetze <ch...@sensage.com> on 2006/12/05 01:02:47 UTC

How to run checkstyle earlier in the build lifecycle?

I know it runs as part of mvn site, but some people wish to see it run
earlier, say as part of "install", or even "test". How do I do that?
--
cg

P.S. I'm still struggling with multi-module project site generation. I
just can't get the navigation links to work.
--
cg

Re: How to run checkstyle earlier in the build lifecycle?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/06, Christian Goetze <ch...@sensage.com> wrote:

> I know it runs as part of mvn site, but some people wish to see it run
> earlier, say as part of "install", or even "test". How do I do that?

You can bind a plugin execution to any phase of the build lifecycle.

   http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/index.html

> P.S. I'm still struggling with multi-module project site generation. I
> just can't get the navigation links to work.

Check JIRA to see if you might be running into a known issue, then you
might want to start a new thread with a descriptive subject. :)

--
Wendy