Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com> on 2007/10/22 21:57:20 UTC

T5: Newbie question - example needed

I'm making progress with T5.0.5 and I'm eager to switch to 5.0.6 when it will
be available.

In 5.0.5, I am now able to create advanced Layouts by merging a page
template with a component. And I am also able to use the <parameter> element
to load specific content inside the layout. All of this thanks for the
examples and discussion published in this list. Thanks everyone.

However, I'd like to know how to create a simple <block> and know how to
render it.

Can anyone give me a quick example?

Also, is the <container> element only for T5.0.6 and up?

Re: T5: Newbie question - example needed

Posted by César Lesc <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link, if you want more blocks in action see the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToCreateATabPanel

César.

Re: T5: Newbie question - example needed

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
For those interested, here is a <block> demo with source code:

http://lombok.demon.co.uk/tapestry5Demo/test/delegate/block

- J