Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Joseph Arnold <ja...@ecst.csuchico.edu> on 1998/05/26 13:58:45 UTC

general/2284: Can not POST to ErrorDocument - Apache/1.3b6

>Number:         2284
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Can not POST to ErrorDocument - Apache/1.3b6
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I set the ErrorDocument to be a CGI script, I am unable to use the
POST method when calling it.
Check this out...
=====================
srm.conf: ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/printenv
---------------------
When I connect to the server using
  <FORM ACTION="http://ha.cker.com:420/cgi-bin/printenv" method="POST">,
  REQUEST_METHOD = POST.

However, when I connect to the server using
  <FORM ACTION="http://ha.cker.com:420/does_not_exist" method="POST">
  REQUEST_METHOD is reported to be GET.

>How-To-Repeat:
Check out http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jarnold/food.html
  -and-   http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jarnold/food2.html
to see the examples.
>Fix:
If you guys don't want to spend the time to fix the situation, could you please
point me in the right direction to go about fixing it myself?