Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 20:32:53 UTC

Setting proper values for connections inside Connector

Hello there! We have a tomcat server behind a apache server. We need
to increase the maximum number of simultaneous connections. I know
that this is done through server.xml, inside the connector
configuration, but my question is, which one should I change 8080 or
8009 in order to accept more connections through apache?

Best Regards

--
IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer
IBM Database Associate - DB2 UDB V8.1 Family

RE: Setting proper values for connections inside Connector

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Vinicius Carvalho [mailto:java.vinicius@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Setting proper values for connections inside Connector
>
> Thanks Chuck. We are indeed using AJP, and in our worker.properties
> the port is set to 8009. Just a final question, would be a nice thing
> to do reduce the number of threads in the 8080 since its not being
> used (let's just to a 10 or so for the manager, admin consoles), or
> would it make no difference?

Won't make a great difference.  If the connector remains idle, there
won't be more than minSpareThreads hanging around for it (the as-shipped
value is 25).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Setting proper values for connections inside Connector

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chuck. We are indeed using AJP, and in our worker.properties
the port is set to 8009. Just a final question, would be a nice thing
to do reduce the number of threads in the 8080 since its not being
used (let's just to a 10 or so for the manager, admin consoles), or
would it make no difference?

Best regards

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.