Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Walstra <jw...@spoonserver.com> on 2002/09/05 07:23:09 UTC

Object pooling

Hi ya,

I'm trying to pool some objects. The objects consist of a hash filled in from
XML files. I don't really want to reload the objects for each page hit and
it's used by an object that can't be scoped for the application. I've grabbed
commons-pool and incorporated it into my code. I have no errors, but my debug
messages indicate that it's not grabbing the object from the pool, but is
reloading them each time.

I've concluded that I've I'm not using commons-pool correct with Tomcat. Do I
need to set it up as a resource? Documentation is kind of spare right now.

Thanks,
John

--
John Walstra