Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Bruno SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 00:54:51 UTC

Benchmarks / Gap analysis between IAM products on the market

Hi,

Do you have any resources/numerics about the integration of Syncope for
clients ?
I'm also interested in load test results or even benchmarks.

What about the position of Syncope regarding others IAM solutions ?
OpenIDM, OIM (Oracle), SailPoint etc...
Is there somewhere a document that presents feature and technical gaps
between those different solutions ?

I'm trying to find arguments to focus on pros of Apache Syncope ?

Thks

Re: Benchmarks / Gap analysis between IAM products on the market

Posted by SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks. I'll ask for an ICLA very soon.
Yes, you're right. I'd like to move on the dev@ side.
First, I'll try to propose my ideas on JIRA. It will be a good training
also.
Then, we will see.

I'll need time to read the code of the project to scale the code rules
and its phylosophy/design.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francisco,

In fact, I'm looking for OpenSource products because I have finished a
project for a big company (I'm leaving tomorrow).
I didn't integrate a market solution, but I did it by myself.
I developped a complete provisionning solution with "realtime" connectors
(active waiting on events) with referential realtime replication and
aggregation computations.
I have developped this solution during 4 years.
This is now a huge infrastructure with 15 Java connectors (on DB, LDAP,
UNIX, SAP) and 120 Perl connectors (LDAP, CSV, TXT).
With modesty, my system has been audited by specialists, and, they said it
is very competitive on functionnal and technical aspects.
But, it has been developped in a final client way. Resuable but not so
much. Adaptable for sure !
I know all the defaults of my solution even if it's efficient.
That's why I'll looking for a well coded opens source solution.
Anyway, I'm trying to share my experience and learn on a cleaner and sexy
project as Syncope.

First, I decided to propose my implementation (refactoring) of my system in
OpenSource perspective.
But I think about it in a different way as I'm a OpenSource "Militant".
And I came to Syncope. So I'm really new to Syncope. Just started the
analysis.

The provisioning function in my company was not well known for end users.It
is just a technical part of our IAM.
And they use a high level abstraction of the system in Third Party
Applications.
An this pattern must be shared by a lot of big centralized companies and
administrations.

Do you think you could be interested in proposals about developing third
party applications as part of Syncope with new functionnalities ?
Examples :
-> Implementing security perimeter
A security administrator is managing a perimeter. He is responsible of
users in this perimeter.
-> Recertification of identities and access roles.

Not sure to be very clear in my question. But I'm trying to understand if
Syncope will evolve in a way that non IT administrator will have the
capability to give and withdraw rights without knowing the technical layer.
Like : I'm a bank agency manager. I'm responsible for security
administration for 5 persons. I allow a composed business role like a
package attached related to the function of the guy.

Finally, I'm ready to help on syncope if you need.

Regards,
Bruno

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com>.

[...]