Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gergely Imre <gi...@mx.nextra.ro> on 2000/11/08 10:43:00 UTC

DNS

I have a database with IP numbers. Is there any tool in Cocoon with wich I
can convert these IP numbers to names?

--
GImre
-> ICQ# 86297366

Re: MySQL Database Adaptor (Cocoon 1.8)

Posted by Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>.
Roman Zamorski wrote:

> > Andreas Neuenschwander wrote:
> > >
> > > In the new Cocoon 1.8 rlease the turbine package is integrated.
> > >
> > > My question is now why there is the MySQL Database Adaptor (in the
> > > Turbine package) missing?
> >
> > No problem, simply use DBMM:
> >
> > processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> > processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> > processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/db1
> >

> Does it really works for you?

Yes, trust me  ;-)

> I only got the following message:
>
> >Database type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not implemented.
> >
> >java.lang.InstantiationException: Database type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not
> implemented. at
> >org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBFactory.create(DBFactory.java:135) at
> >org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getNewConnection(ConnectionP
> ool.java:193) at
> >org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool
> .java:153) at
> >org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker.getConnection(DBBroker.java:161)
> at
> >org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker.getConnection(DBBroker.java:135)
> at
>
> Is it some version problem or what? I use cocoon v1.8 + jserv 1.1.2 +
> unknown version of mm driver...

An "unkown version" always asks for problems ... ;-)
We're using mm.mysql-2.0.2 here.

BTW: Do you have *all* relevant entries in cocoon.properties:

processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBMM
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/db
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=whoever
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=whatever
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.maxConnections=30
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.expiryTime=3600000

	Marco

Re: MySQL Database Adaptor (Cocoon 1.8)

Posted by Roman Zamorski <ra...@tenbit.pl>.
> Andreas Neuenschwander wrote:
> >
> > In the new Cocoon 1.8 rlease the turbine package is integrated.
> >
> > My question is now why there is the MySQL Database Adaptor (in the
> > Turbine package) missing?
>
> No problem, simply use DBMM:
>
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/db1

Does it really works for you? I only got the following message:

>Database type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not implemented.
>
>java.lang.InstantiationException: Database type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not
implemented. at
>org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBFactory.create(DBFactory.java:135) at
>org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getNewConnection(ConnectionP
ool.java:193) at
>org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool
.java:153) at
>org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker.getConnection(DBBroker.java:161)
at
>org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker.getConnection(DBBroker.java:135)
at

Is it some version problem or what? I use cocoon v1.8 + jserv 1.1.2 +
unknown version of mm driver...

roman

Re: MySQL Database Adaptor (Cocoon 1.8)

Posted by Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>.

Posted by Andreas Neuenschwander <an...@andi.ch>.
In the new Cocoon 1.8 rlease the turbine package is integrated.

My question is now why there is the MySQL Database Adaptor (in the
Turbine package) missing?

Oracle, Sybase, Postgres are included in the package, but not MySQL?

Is there es special reason for that?

Has someone written a MySQL Database Adaptor for Turbine?

- Andi