Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Willem Kunkels <Wi...@Koopmanint.com> on 2009/01/07 08:22:58 UTC

Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component

Hi all,

Is there any estimate yet on when the issue below is going to be fixed?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1199

Regards

Willem Kunkels
Java Developer

Koopman International BV
Distelweg 88
1031 HH  Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 20 494 7 893
www.koopmanint.com

Willem Kunkels <Wi...@Koopmanint.com>
24-11-2008 11:48
Antwoord a.u.b. aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

Aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Cc

Onderwerp
Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText
component

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for that. Is there an estimate yet on when this is going to be
fixed?

Cheers,

Willem

"Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org>
24-11-2008 11:43

Antwoord a.u.b. aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

Aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Cc

Onderwerp
Re: Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component

Hi Willem,

here is the issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1199

Greetings,
Matthias

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Willem Kunkels
<Wi...@koopmanint.com> wrote:

> Thanks Matthias (sorry for calling you Matthew earlier) and
congratulations
> on your promotion.
>
> If you raise a bug (or if there is an existing one), could you let me
know
> so that I can keep an eye on it?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Willem
>

> "Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org>
>
> 21-11-2008 09:02
>
> Antwoord a.u.b. aan
> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
> Aan
> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
> Cc
> Onderwerp
> Re: Betr.: Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component
>

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Willem Kunkels
> <Wi...@koopmanint.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> Thanks for your quick response. Regarding your suggestion:
>>
>> Isn't that exactly what I am doing? The partialTriggers is already on
the
>> panel. Are you saying that I should also put a rendered= on the panel?
>
> whoops. yes.
> eventually you may go "higher" in the structure.
>
> let me file a bug on this (or, I think there is one)
>
> -M
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Regards,,
>>
>> Willem Kunkels
>> Java Developer
>>
>> Koopman International BV
>> Distelweg 88
>> 1031 HH  Amsterdam
>> The Netherlands
>> Tel.: +31 20 494 7 893
>> www.koopmanint.com
>>

>> "Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org>
>>
>> 21-11-2008 08:43
>>
>> Antwoord a.u.b. aan
>> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
>> Aan
>> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
>> Cc
>> Onderwerp
>> Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Willem Kunkels
>> <Wi...@koopmanint.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a little problem with the following.
>>>
>>>             <h:panelGrid columns="3">
>>>                 <!-- Fourth row -->
>>>                                     <kpm:label
>>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.create.setup" dubbelpunt="true"/>
>>> id="setupCheckBox"
>>>
>>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>>>                                         autoSubmit="true"/>
>>> partialTriggers=":setup:setupCheckBox">
>>>                                 <kpm:label
>>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.identification"
dubbelpunt="true"/>
>>> maximumLength="9"
>>> styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>>>
>>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupNumber}"
>>>                                     disabled="#{!
>>> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>>>
>>> required="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
/>
>>>                                 <kpm:label
>>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.description" dubbelpunt="true"/>
>>> maximumLength="40" styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>>>
>>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupDescription}"
>>>                                     disabled="#{!
>>> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}" />
>>>             </h:panelGrid>
>>>
>>> The first tr:inputText component is set to required, based on the
>>> checkbox
>>> in the first subform. It is wrapped in its own subform to prevent
>>> problems
>>> with other components on the same page (not shown).
>>> When I click the checkbox, the tr:inputText becomes required as
expected.
>>> If
>>> I then click the checkbox again, the required indication disappears,
>>> again
>>> as expected. However, if I then try to navigate away from the page, an
>>> error
>>> appears for the first tr:inputText, saying I need to enter a value,
even
>>> though the tr:inputText is no longer required. Any ideas , anyone?
>>
>> unfortunately, this is a known bug.
>> try to rerender the panelHorizontalLayout instead.
>>
>> -Matthias
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Willem Kunkels
>>> Java Developer