Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/05 18:42:18 UTC

Re: Custom billing Application using cloudstack API

Juan, there is a full session on usage and billing at the cloudstack collaboration conference:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-north-america/program/schedule

you might want to attend, it would be great to meet you and discuss your setup,

-sebastien

Posted by Tariq Iqbal <ta...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Juan,

Related to Seb's reply, if you are attending the next CloudStack Collaboration Conference I will be presenting a talk on CloudStack Usage/Metering which you may find helpful. Meanwhile, here is the presentation slides from my last talk which may be of interest: http://www.slideshare.net/ShapeBlue/working-with-cloudstack-usage-data

I have worked on several projects involving billing CloudStack and Cloud Portal Business Manager based Public Clouds and I am sure we can help with your requirement, please feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

Tariq Iqbal

S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447909911600

tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com | Twitter: @TariqIqbal_

Juan, there is a full session on usage and billing at the cloudstack collaboration conference:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-north-america/program/schedule

you might want to attend, it would be great to meet you and discuss your setup,

-sebastien

On Mar 5, 2014, at 4:22 PM, Juan Gomez <ju...@kumo.com.co> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I work for a company name Kumo (www.kumo.com.co). We are one of the most important public clouds in Colombia, all of our platforms are based on cloudstack and Cloud business portal. Right now we have a very complex problem because we are not being able to bill our costumers automatically. This is because all of our costumers have different prices for the same kind of product or VM, this is due to commercial issues and negotiations that are necessary to do in the colombian market. So we want to build a billing web application using the cloudstack API in order to create bills for costumers in an automatically way and also send alerts and take actions to suspend services if payments are not being received. Does anyone know examples of this kind of application using the cloudstack API, or have any insights on how we should approach this problem.
>
> Thank you for your help and pardon my bad spelling.
>

> Email asegurado por Check Point

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.