Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Roehl, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com> on 2004/05/19 15:17:57 UTC

Cannot Commit to SVN 1.0.1

This is more of a tortoisesvn/svn/apache webdav problem than but I am stuck
and could use some advice and I am sure someone else in the list has
experience with this.
I cannot commit to my repository using tortoisesvn. I know that somehow my
httpdconf webdav settings or my svnaccessauth file are to blame but from the
docs/archives/searches I cannot seem to come up with a combo that works
well.

Here is my avnaccessfile:

 [groups]
developers = A, B, C, D
changemanagers = D
[/]
#to allow everyone read access
* = r
# allow all developers complete access to entire repository
[repos:/svn/repos]
@developers = rw

# give the changemanagerpeople read access to the ant scripts folder
[repos:/svn/repos/antscripts]
@changemanagers = r

And here is the relevant httpdconf:

### DJR trying to turn on webdav
 <Location /svn/repos>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath /svn/repos
 # AuthType any
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Austin Energy Subversion Repositories"
   AuthUserFile D:/Apache2/etc/svn-auth-file
   AuthzSVNAccessFile D:/Apache2/etc/svnaccessfile2
   Require valid-user
 </Location>

I appreciate the help,

Daniel J. Roehl, SCJP
Programmer/Analyst
Austin Energy

Re: Cannot Commit to SVN 1.0.1

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 10:17, Roehl, Dan wrote:

> [repos:/svn/repos]
>
> @developers = rw

You've specified the repository twice in the square brackets.

The format is [repos:/path/within/the/repos]

If you want @developers to have rw access to the whole repository, then
you would write:

 [repos:/]