Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kurt Guenther <ku...@serent.com> on 2004/05/19 21:07:58 UTC

PCVS bridge

Okay, when your done laughing...

Is there a way to keep svn & pvcs in sync with one another?  I would
like to switch to subversion, but we have folks that won't give up their
file locking ways.   (actually it's a corp mandate problem).

--Kurt

Re: PCVS bridge

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Kurt Guenther wrote:

> Okay, when your done laughing...
>
> Is there a way to keep svn & pvcs in sync with one another?  I would
> like to switch to subversion, but we have folks that won't give up
> their file locking ways.   (actually it's a corp mandate problem).
>
> --Kurt

My first reaction would be to say two-way sync is darn near impossible,
but if you made one or the other the "master" and the other sent update
events when appropriate, it might be doable. But it'd still be a coding
nightmare.

Re: PCVS bridge

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Kurt Guenther wrote:

> Is there a way to keep svn & pvcs in sync with one another?  I would
> like to switch to subversion, but we have folks that won't give up their
> file locking ways.   (actually it's a corp mandate problem).

Recent releases of svk include support for mirroring foreign repositories via
VCP.  I don't know if there is a PVCS Source/Dest module, but that is a
possibilility.  Be aware that VCP can be very greedy with RAM for the initial
conversion.

HTH

John

--