Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Teddy Choi <tc...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/04/18 03:41:09 UTC

Is there list writer in Java?

Hello, all

I’m new to Apache Arrow, and checking whether it supports most of data types. It seems like that there’s no implementation for list<decimal> writer in UnionListWriter yet. Is there other way?

Thanks.

Teddy Choi.

Re: Is there list writer in Java?

Posted by Teddy Choi <tc...@hortonworks.com>.
Siddharth, thanks for quick answer. I can work on this issue. It's a good chance for my first Arrow contribution. :)

iOS? Outlook<https://aka.ms/o0ukef> ????

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM +0900, "Siddharth Teotia" <si...@dremio.com>> wrote:

Hi Teddy,

Yes UnionListWriter currently doesn't support writing decimals into list
vector. Basically we are missing APIs like UnionListWriter.decimal() which
will return a DecimalWriter(we already have this) and the latter can be
used to write decimals in list. I'd suggest you to go ahead and file a JIRA
on https://issues.apache.org/.

Please feel free to take it up if you are interested in contributing to
Arrow codebase.

Thanks,
Siddharth

Posted by Siddharth Teotia <si...@dremio.com>.