Posted to user@poi.apache.org by PPTProject <kj...@ncs.com.sg> on 2009/02/13 08:39:19 UTC

Latest features available in Apache-POI-HSLF

Hi,

We need to develop web based application to read and manipulate PPT slides
using Java. Have searched on web and read through some threads in this forum
but couldnt get updates on following features.

Please let me know if following features are available and in what version
of POI

1. Appending of slides (merging of sldes from one PPT to other PPT)
2. Deleting slide
3. Sorting of slides
4. Slide preview
5. Manipulating cells in a table

Thanks,
PPTProject

Re: Latest features available in Apache-POI-HSLF

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi
> Please let me know if following features are available and in what version
> of POI
>
> 1. Appending of slides (merging of sldes from one PPT to other PPT)

Not yet.
> 2. Deleting slide

Yes, see SlideShow.removeSlide(int slideIndex)
> 3. Sorting of slides

Yes, see SlideShow.reorderSlide(int oldSlideNumber, int newSlideNumber)

> 4. Slide preview

Yes.
http://poi.apache.org/slideshow/how-to-shapes.html#Render

> 5. Manipulating cells in a table

Not yet.
The latest release is 3.5-beta5. Currently it is in the vote phase, we
plan to officially released it on Feb 19.

Yegor