Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de> on 2015/08/24 15:23:07 UTC

maintainer mode and test framework

Just a tiny question how the senior guys here do to:

If I build httpd in maintainer-mode (which I want), the test framework will no longer build since it inherits the compiler flags from apxs, I assume.

Is there an easy way around this?

//Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany

Re: maintainer mode and test framework

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Late declarations, all fixed now in r1697392

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Aug 24, 2015 08:45, "Eric Covener" <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <st...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> > mod_test_session.c did some non C90 variable declarations intermixed
with code. I'll check in the fix shortly. Btw. what is holding us back from
more recent C? Old platforms, obviously... Do we have an idea which?

> Ah, that is a brand new test module committed this month.
>
> I am not sure exactly where we really have the constraint.  Visual
> Studio 6 on Windows in the old releases?  I think my own pet/corporate
> overlord platforms (z/OS, AIX) are not an issue.

No issue on MS, plenty of more modern compilers, but MS C has been MS C++
with all sort of other oddities forever.

I am thinking oddballs like hpux and old Solaris compilers, but in trunk do
we really need to keep accommodating for httpd 2.6/3.0?

In the test suite, since it is used to validate legacy httpd, it seems
prudent to keep compatibility for a while longer still.

Re: maintainer mode and test framework

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
OK, now you made me fix it. ;-)