Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/26 10:28:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release 4.1.2-RC3 as OpenOffice 4.1.2

On 26/10/15 09:31, Regina Henschel wrote:
> [x] 0 Abstain
>
> It is still not clear, whether the fact, that I cannot build the
> delivered source on Windows 7 is a problem in my build environment or a
> bug in the source.

Regina I don't know why it doesn't build on your machine but I
successfully built the tagged AOO410 branch for the RC on Windows, Mac
and Linuxc 32/64 bit. It was always a clean fresh build to the latest
tagged sources. The src tar balls are gnerated on Mac as I did it always
in the past. The included config scripts for Mac are a mistake and were
probably in all src releases in the past as well (good catch Damjan)

Well I built the src tarball only on Mac because of the lack of time to
do it on the other platforms as well. But again it iis the same source I
used to build the binaries.

Juergen

Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release 4.1.2-RC3 as OpenOffice 4.1.2

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
Niltze, all!

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Regina Henschel
<rb...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:
>>
>> On 26/10/15 09:31, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>>
>>> [x] 0 Abstain
>>>
>>> It is still not clear, whether the fact, that I cannot build the
>>> delivered source on Windows 7 is a problem in my build environment or a
>>> bug in the source.
>>

>> Regina I don't know why it doesn't build on your machine but I
>> successfully built the tagged AOO410 branch for the RC on Windows, Mac
>> and Linuxc 32/64 bit. It was always a clean fresh build to the latest
>> tagged sources. The src tar balls are gnerated on Mac as I did it always
>> in the past. The included config scripts for Mac are a mistake and were
>> probably in all src releases in the past as well (good catch Damjan)
>>
>> Well I built the src tarball only on Mac because of the lack of time to
>> do it on the other platforms as well. But again it iis the same source I
>> used to build the binaries.
>

> If it is not my build environment, then it is likely a problem on Windows,
> because building in Cygwin is a little bit special. Sadly no one found the
> time to try building a src tar ball on Windows. We are not releasing
> binaries but source, and as long as nobody does a successful build of a src
> tall ball on Windows, I cannot vote +1 in good conscience.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Earlier, under limited time, I was unsuccessful in building ApacheOO
from source in this GNU/Linux Debian Unstable environment. I tried
several Java versions, including Zulu from Azul Systems.

On the other hand, simply because I was not able to build it in my
environment, it does not imply that ApacheOO 4.1.2-RC3 is not ready to
become OpenOffice 4.1.2. I installed it into Debian Unstable and it
performs beautifully.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSPi_4XVEAEvCHg.png:large

Thank you to whoever built the binary!

[X] +1 Approve RC3 to become ApacheOO 4.1.2

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release 4.1.2-RC3 as OpenOffice 4.1.2

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Dennis,

Dennis E. Hamilton schrieb:
> [...]

Yes. I remember that for Windows own unpack tool problems have been
reported at OOo-times.

> Do you mean that a Zip utility like WinZip or 7Zip should not be used?

Yes. I had used 7Zip and had got these strange access problems.

> I assume the change you mean is where you use the Cygwin bash session and use tar to unpack the tar.bz2 source.  Is that correct?

Yes. I have now unpacked it inside Cygwin, using "tar xvzf
apache-openoffice-4.1.2-r1709696-src.tar.gz"

> (Or has the change not been pushed yet?)

I have put my comment into section "Source release" right after the
command example on the Wiki page
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.

I don't know, whether unpacking the zip-source inside Cygwin would work.

As both Jürgen and me could build it with the "tar.gz" source, I agree
with Jürgen, that next time we should not provide a zip-source at all.

Kind regards
Regina

RE: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release 4.1.2-RC3 as OpenOffice 4.1.2

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Jürgen,