Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 <AN...@motorola.com> on 2001/02/13 02:44:23 UTC

RE: input form with indexed properties, when?

Struts-example displays multiple rows of subscriptions whereas I want to create an input form where you could enter multiple-rows in a table (each row inserts a new record in the database) and the data can be validated before saving.

-Nimmi

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Maya Muchnik wrote:

> This example not only display multiple rows, you can ADD rows. Maybe I do not understand what is your problem.

I believe that Nimmi is asking for the ability to edit the detail lines (of a master-detail) display on the original page, instead of going to a separate page for each detail add/change/delete.  It would technically be feasible to do this
with Struts 1.0, but would take an incredible amount of tinkering with the property names.

Improvements in this area are already on the TODO list for Struts 1.1.

Craig

Re: input form with indexed properties, when?

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.