Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org> on 2008/02/11 13:27:21 UTC

Xinclude in xdoc document

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to add an <xi:include> element (from xInclude specification of W3C) in an xdoc document. Is there any example available ?

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
Departamento de I+D+I - Fundación CTIC
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón, Asturias (Spain)
www.fundacionctic.org

RE: Xinclude in xdoc document

Posted by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org>.
Hi,

> > I have done an example of use of xinclude. I don't know if I have to
> > create a new issue in the bugtrack or it can go to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-814 .
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Adding to that issure looks ideal, thanks in advance.

Done.

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
R&D Deparment - CTIC Foundation [Asturias, Spain]

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,

>> FAQ entry for
>>> Be sure ;-)
>> Excellent. Since there are no examples it would be worth
>> adding such an
>> example to our sample.xml doc as well - thanks
>
> I have done an example of use of xinclude. I don't know if I have to
> create a new issue in the bugtrack or it can go to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-814 .
>
> Any idea?

Adding to that issure looks ideal, thanks in advance.

Ross

RE: Xinclude in xdoc document

Posted by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org>.
Hello,

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> >Hello Ross,
> >
> >>Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree
> >>for examples
> >>of xinclude in XDocs.
> >
> >I have made that search, but I haven't found an example of xinclude in an
> >xdoc. Could you show us an example ?
>
> Well, what do you know, we have no example in our XDocs - amazing.
>
> You can see examples in the Cocoon XInclude transformer docs at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html

There were some very useful discussions in our mailing lists
recently. Try this with Google:
 site:apache.org forrest xinclude 2007

-David

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org>.
Hello Ross,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to add an <xi:include> element (from
> xInclude specification of W3C) in an xdoc document. Is there any
> example available ?

Yes, doing a search of the Forrest website by typing "xinclude" into the
searchbox will show you examples of where it is handled in the sitemap.

Use your favourite tools to search the Forrest source tree for examples
of xinclude in XDocs.

You can find further guidance in the mail lists (searchable archives are
linked from our mail list page)

If you have problems getting it working just mail here with code
snippets and a description of the behaviour.