Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Attila Mezei-Horvati <at...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/07 03:58:47 UTC

maven2 release and profiles

Hi all,

I am trying to do a release and I bumped into the
following:

when I do mvn release:prepare if I try to specify
profiles on the commandline (as -DprofileName which
works when doing mvn install) they are ignored. I read
the documentation and observed there is a
release-profile I can use. I did and it worked.

However I have the following issues with it:

1. I have 3 profiles I need to apply. I have to copy
them into this one release-profile for the sake of one
release. Since we have one codebase with different
settings for different partners and I need a release
for all partners separately, I am wasting my time
updating the release profile section manually for
each.

2. After release, back in development it seems that
the release-profile is activated no matter if it is
activated or not. So basically I need to delete this
profile and recreate it every time I want to do a
release.

I am thinking there must be a solution to this. Can
anybody give me an advice?

thanks,
Attila

Re: maven2 release and profiles

Posted by Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com>.

Attila Mezei-Horvati wrote:

> 1. I have 3 profiles I need to apply. I have to copy
> them into this one release-profile for the sake of one
> release. Since we have one codebase with different
> settings for different partners and I need a release
> for all partners separately, I am wasting my time
> updating the release profile section manually for
> each.

How about adding an ant script which uses an XSLT task to copy the XML
around? Maybe not the prettiest solution but it should work. Copy the data
to a new file and use mvn -s to use it.

Attila Mezei-Horvati wrote:

> 2. After release, back in development it seems that
> the release-profile is activated no matter if it is
> activated or not. So basically I need to delete this
> profile and recreate it every time I want to do a
> release.

Maybe you can solve this by specifying a special settings file on the
command line with -s

Aaron Digulla