Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> on 2015/01/28 17:21:46 UTC

Re: Windows 8, Open Office Install Failed

On 12/16/2014 12:21 AM, John M Edwards wrote:
> Every time I try to install Open Office, the download says failed at the end.  Please help.

Where are you trying to download from?  You should be getting it from
www.openoffice.org and nowhere else.

BTW, you may want to check your computer clock.  It appears you sent
this message last month.  You can configure your computer to use a NTP
(Internet Time) server, which will ensure your time & date are always
correct.  I'm not familiar with Windows 8, but in Windows 7 you right
click on the clock and select "Adjust date/time" to get to Internet Time
configuration.