Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/25 04:37:29 UTC

IntelliJ build

On trunk I cleaned and re-created my IntelliJ based build (ant clean-idea,
idea).  IntelliJ didn’t get the memo about Java 8 so I changed that
(locally).  Then I found that the Solr velocity contrib couldn’t resolve a
ResourceLoader class in analysis-common.  So I simply checked the “export”
checkbox on analysis-comon from the Solr-core module, and Solr-core is a
dependency of velocity, and this it can resolve it.  Export is synonymous
with transitive resolution.  Now it compiles locally.  It seems like an odd
thing to go wrong.  Java 8 I expected.

So if any IntelliJ user has run into issues lately, maybe sharing my
experience will help.  I should commit the changes but I’ll wait for a
reply.

I think the “Export” (transitive resolution) feature could allow us to
simplify some of the dependency management quite a bit within IntelliJ so
that it may need less maintenance.

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: IntelliJ build

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
It’d be great to automate building the IntelliJ dependencies - minimizing update requirements would be nice - I won’t have time to work on it in the short term though.

Steve

Re: IntelliJ build

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: IntelliJ build

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: IntelliJ build

Posted by "Ramkumar R. Aiyengar" <an...@gmail.com>.
An another thing I found out after a bit of digging is that the language
compliance level setting in the Project SDK had to be set at 8, else it
fails compilation as we are already making use of the default methods
feature.