Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net> on 1998/01/06 17:37:57 UTC

NTLM module

Acked.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 16:11:39 +0000
To: apache@apache.org
From: Paul Ashton <pa...@argo.demon.co.uk>
Subject: NTLM authentication

Just noticed via www.news.com that there is an NT port underway. If
anyone is interested in adding NTLM authentication for authenticating
NT usernames, or even Unix ones, you can get a copy of my apache module
from http://www.argo.demon.co.uk/info/ntie.tar.gz . It was
originally intended to demonstrate a flaw in MS IE, but I suppose
it could be put to use. Only IIS currently supports this, I
believe. I'd imagine that you'd have to rewrite it since it was
my first attempt at an apache module and wasn't meant to be overly
useful. Note the security hazards though.

Paul

ps. You can read about it in January Byte at

http://www.byte.com/art/9801/sec7/art3.htm

------- End of Forwarded Message