Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2005/04/17 12:22:28 UTC

replacing trunk with multi-env-unstable

I propose to move trunk to branches/single-env-dead
and move the branches/multi-env-unstable to trunk.
After the switch, I think all that should be needed
is an "svn switch $trunk" on your local checkout of
the multi-env-unstable branch.

If we do it right, the process itself shouldn't
involve any code freezes.

Thoughts?
--
Joe Schaefer

Re: replacing trunk with multi-env-unstable

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> Ok, I'll do the switchover Monday evening (US) unless
> someone objects.

Done. To switch you local copy of multi-env-unstable over to
trunk, enter that directory and type

   % svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/trunk
   Updated to revision 161816.

Non-committers should use http:// instead.

Thanks folks, have fun!

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Markus Wichitill wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > I propose to move trunk to branches/single-env-dead
> > and move the branches/multi-env-unstable to trunk.
> > Thoughts?
>
> +1
>
>  From the Perl user perspective, there's no reason to
> wait, since the current trunk is of no use for anybody
> (except the few who want to stick to mp2 < RC5), no matter
> what remaining issues there are in the unstable branch.

I agree: +1. I tested (yesterday) the multi-env branch
on Win32 against mp2's RC5, and it built fine, and all
tests passed.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: replacing trunk with multi-env-unstable

Posted by Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I propose to move trunk to branches/single-env-dead
> and move the branches/multi-env-unstable to trunk.
> Thoughts?

+1

 From the Perl user perspective, there's no reason to wait, since the

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I propose to move trunk to branches/single-env-dead
> and move the branches/multi-env-unstable to trunk.
> After the switch, I think all that should be needed
> is an "svn switch $trunk" on your local checkout of
> the multi-env-unstable branch.
++1

--
END