Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ozcan ILIKHAN <il...@cs.wisc.edu> on 2011/04/23 07:17:26 UTC

HDFS + ZooKeeper

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea about how we can use HDFS with ZooKeeper? More
elaborately if NameNode fails DataNodes should be able to retrieve address
of new NameNode from ZooKeeper.

Thanks,
---------------------------------
Ozcan ILIKHAN
PhD Student, Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ilikhan

Re: HDFS + ZooKeeper

Posted by Mag Gam <ma...@gmail.com>.
Will the avatar node be part of 0.22?

Re: HDFS + ZooKeeper

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: HDFS + ZooKeeper

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Andy/others,
 The BookKeeper work hasnt been completed yet. There is ongoing work in

and others.

Hopefully we'll have NN's running on BK soon!

thanks
mahadev

--
thanks