Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bobby <bo...@alve.com> on 2001/03/22 22:48:03 UTC

SOAP in applets

Hi,
I'm trying to use SOAP in a java applet. I'm getting a security exception -- the class org.apache.soap.util.mime.MimeUtils.getUniqueValue tries to read a system property (user.name). I don't think it is practical to change the security policy on every machine that will execute the applet. After all the strength of using an applet is zero administration on the client side. Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Regards,
Bobby