Posted to users@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/11/03 17:04:30 UTC

Re: OSGi and ObjectInputStream.readObject() deserialization classloading

I think I’m repeating what Christian said….

Deseriailizing arbitrary classes usually results in a giant security exposure, as there are exploits that result in arbitrary code execution on deserialization (not use!) of some commonly used library class instances.  Most of the projects I’m involved in recently spent a lot of time rewriting their ObjectInputStreams to whitelist allowable classes.

One approach I have used is for a bundle with classes that need to be deserialized to register those class names together with the bundle with the class loading apparatus.

david jencks