Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by David Richards <d_...@comcast.net> on 2005/03/25 18:08:15 UTC

WSDL2ws problems

Hello all,

I have been developing a web service (and lcient) around the oBIX specification (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=obix) and am having trouble with the WSDL2ws tool.  I have run into several of the defects already listed as well as some that are not listed.  Some new ones:

1) No handling of xsd:language primitive type.
2) Incorrect handling of <choice> construct in some contexts.
3) Incorrect handling of dateTime as an output parameter (related to already-reported defects)
4) Array output parameters different, and both incorrect, in generated header and cpp files.

As I looked at trying to fix the problems, I think AXISCPP-540 (Refactor the WSDL tool code further - there is too much duplication) is a must.  There appears to be a LOT of cut-and-pasted code.  Anyone out there already working on this tool?  I have looked at the code and will take a shot at some of the defects if there isn't already someone working on it.  I've already put xsd:language handling into my local version and have eliminated a bunch of duplicate code.

I need some advice, however, on where some of the common code should go.  For example, what is the design intent of WrapperUtils amd CUtils?  Is there a design doc for this tool?  The little blurb in the WSDL2ws user manual is not very useful.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dave RIchards
d_m_richards@comcast.net

Re: WSDL2ws problems

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On refactoring - we are looking into the code. However, this would not
happen over night. My gut feel is that this re-factoring would happen
in the initial stages of 1.6 and would take about 4 weeks effort.

Thanks,
Samisa...