Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gas <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 14:23:32 UTC

active mq web console broker

In my application I have an active mq broker,
which is configured like this:

<pre>
    <amq:broker id="broker" persistent="false" useJmx="true">
        <amq:transportConnectors>
            <amq:transportConnector name="tcp" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
        </amq:transportConnectors>
    </amq:broker>
</pre>

I downloaded activemq web console war, put it in my tomcat webapps folder.
After that activemq-web-console-5.10.0 directory was created.

I navigated inside it. In web-inf directory in activemq.xml i edited broker
config:

  <broker persistent="false" brokerName="web-console" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
      <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

  </broker>

I commendted out persistenceAdapter and set persistent to false because I'm
not using persistence in my application and primarily because web console
couldn't start because it couldn't find ${activemq.data} property.

Now the problem is I can start either my application, either web console not
both. When I my application first and then start web console, I get the
following message:

java.io.IOException: Transport Connector could not be registered in JMX:
Failed to bind to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I tried to change openwire transport connector to a different port, It
helps, but then when I go in web console, I don't see any queues or topics.

Re: active mq web console broker

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The web console WAR has embedded broker. You cannot deploy that web
console as WAR and use it to mange another broker. You would need to
embed the web console together with your own application.

But there is a couple of alternative web consoles that works better.
They can both remote connect to any JVM / broker, so you can use a
single console to manage all your brokers.

There is links at the bottom of this page
http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM, gas <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my application I have an active mq broker,
> which is configured like this:
>
> <pre>
>     <amq:broker id="broker" persistent="false" useJmx="true">
>         <amq:transportConnectors>
>             <amq:transportConnector name="tcp" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>         </amq:transportConnectors>
>     </amq:broker>
> </pre>
>
> I downloaded activemq web console war, put it in my tomcat webapps folder.
> After that activemq-web-console-5.10.0 directory was created.
>
> I navigated inside it. In web-inf directory in activemq.xml i edited broker
> config:
>
>   <broker persistent="false" brokerName="web-console" useJmx="true"
> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">
>

>     <transportConnectors>
>       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>       <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>
>   </broker>
>

> I commendted out persistenceAdapter and set persistent to false because I'm
> not using persistence in my application and primarily because web console
> couldn't start because it couldn't find ${activemq.data} property.
>

> Now the problem is I can start either my application, either web console not
> both. When I my application first and then start web console, I get the
> following message:
>
> java.io.IOException: Transport Connector could not be registered in JMX:
> Failed to bind to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to:
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>

> I tried to change openwire transport connector to a different port, It
> helps, but then when I go in web console, I don't see any queues or topics.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus