Posted to user@drill.apache.org by marc nicole <mk...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/27 09:31:52 UTC

Drilling a Local JSON file system

Hello,

On WIndows 10 i want to query a JSON file from my Desktop, I installed
Drill and set the default folders with permissions as stated in the docs.

Also I issue the command from within /bin : drill-embedded i get the
following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: File /tmp/drill/sys.storage_plugins does not
exist

Also i issue the command :

sqlline -u jdbc:drill:drillbit=localhost:31010

I get the error :
InvalidConnectionInfoException: No drillbit information specified in the
connection string

Before the issuing of the latter i set the storage config in
storage-plugins-override.conf as follows (to use JSON files locally)

"storage": {
  cp: {
    type: "file",
    connection: "file:///",
    enabled:true,
    formats: {
      "csv" : {
        type: "text",
        extensions: [ "json" ],
        delimiter: ","
      }
    }
  }
}

It seems very difficult to start with this tool, pls provide more starting
infos..

Re: Drilling a Local JSON file system

Posted by Maksym Rymar <ry...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

You are trying to start Drill with scripts that are used to start Drill on Linux environment. Please, follow the following doc of how to start Drill on Windows:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/starting-drill-on-windows/

Regards,
Maksym