Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by jh...@gmail.com, jh...@gmail.com on 2019/04/09 16:15:54 UTC

HELP! Multi Company Approach

Hi everyone!

My usecase is:
Different companies that should not have to share their data (accounting, parties, products, inventories,…), but do have to share the same OfBiz SW instance.

I would like to know if creating different tenants is the best way of a multi company approach.
With this approach I'm going to have different DBs, one for each tenant, but with future maintenance implications.
Also I don´t know if this approach is well tested within Ofbiz Community.

Or...

If it's better to use a unique database with some kind of "company ID" to have data independence between companies.
If this is the best approach, I would like to know the best way to accomplish this scheme.

Thanks!
Regards

Re: HELP! Multi Company Approach

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
Hi User,

Your message has been moderated.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email
client
See also why here http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

You will get a better support , it's more fair to share with everybody  and
people can answer you on the ML rather than directly to you
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get

Kind Regards,
Deepak Dixit

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

OFBiz is tenant-aware, meaning with the proper setup it will deliver on
your use case requirements. I have been using this feature for multiple
tenants on a single implementation for years now.

Should you feel the need for additional insight, do not hesitate to contact
me directly

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)