Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by hari krishna <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/04 21:37:28 UTC

urgent help

1.Is it necessary to run tomcat servlet engine when i am executing the
command java com.ibm.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http:\\localhost:2020\rpcrouter.jsp deploy dd.xml.

2.when i execute java com.ibm.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http:\\localhost:2020\rpcrouter.jsp deploy dd.xml what kind of output should
i expect.

3.I am struggling to execute calculator.java example file since one week,
can you please tell me the steps to be followed in order to execute that

your help will be very much appreciated
thanks in advance
hari

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: urgent help

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@mailandnews.com>.
> 1.Is it necessary to run tomcat servlet engine when i am executing the
> command java com.ibm.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http:\\localhost:2020\rpcrouter.jsp deploy dd.xml.

Please don't use IBM-SOAP any more - Apache SOAP 2.0 is the latest
release.

> 2.when i execute java com.ibm.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http:\\localhost:2020\rpcrouter.jsp deploy dd.xml what kind of output should
> i expect.

If it succeeds you will see no output. You could however use the
TcpTunnel to see what's going on.

> 3.I am struggling to execute calculator.java example file since one week,
> can you please tell me the steps to be followed in order to execute that

The calculator is written using Javascript and hence requires BSF. That's
more work than you want to do to get the first example running - so I
suggest sticking to the stockquote example or the addressbook one.

Sanjiva.

Re: urgent help

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@mailandnews.com>.