Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/26 18:29:33 UTC

TSS article: "TSS Relaunches on Tapestry"

Here's the article I wrote on converting TSS to Tapestry:

http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=TSSTapestry

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: TSS article: "TSS Relaunches on Tapestry"

Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.
Hmmm not sure I'd lump .NET with Struts and JSF when comparing with
Tapestry. Tapestry and .NET are very similar, except I think .NET is simpler
(not .jwc/.page file and VS.NET makes all the different) and has a very HUGE
component market with components of staggering complexity. However, in the
Java world, Tapestry is miles better than archaic struts.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
BTW ... the transfer from JSP to Tapestry occured in early november
... we just didn't bother to tell anyone!

This is a *** great *** opportunity to head over the the discussion on
TheServerSide (http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=31313)
and talk about your positive experiences using Tapestry.

Remember:  If you enjoy using Tapestry and dread returning to a
Struts, JSF or .Net world then you owe it to yourself, and to the
community, to evangalize Tapestry.  Only by expanding Tapestry's
market share can we ensure its long-term viability. Don't just assume
that people know about Tapestry ... I'm surprised at how many people I
meet have only some vague notion.  Tapestry's technology speaks for
itself, but only if given the chance.  Get out there, talk it up, open
people's minds!

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:29:33 -0500, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's the article I wrote on converting TSS to Tapestry:
>
> http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=TSSTapestry
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry