Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/18 09:33:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release of Zeppelin 0.10.1

Hi Folks,

Since the release of Zeppelin 0.10.0, we have several critical fixes, I am
thinking of the release of Zeppelin 0.10.1, the only left issue in my mind
is the support fo Spark 3.2.0(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-5565), let me know what your
thoughts are.

Here's the list of tickets we have fixed in 0.10.1

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ZEPPELIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.10.1

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Zeppelin 0.10.1

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philipp,

Spark API is very stable now, 3.2.0 is compatible with Spark 3.1.2. Even it
is incompatible, it may not affect Zeppelin. Because Zeppelin only use a
few api of Spark. And there's no many code change in Zeppelin side to
support Spark 3.2.0. (Only SparkVersions.java needs to be updated I
believe).  Zeppelin has many interpreters, if we put the support of each
new minor version of engines(spark/flink/presto/hive and etc) in a new
Zeppelin release, we have to make releases very frequently. I don't think
that is feasible.

Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com> 于2021年10月18日周一 下午5:43写道:

Posted by Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,