Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org> on 2003/04/12 19:05:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: mod_autoindex and ssi?

Per Jessen wrote:

> All,
>
> has anyone managed to get SSI to work in the header/footer included by
> mod_autoindex (when specified)?
>
> I'm using a footer.html file which has some SSI directives, but it doesn't
> get processed as SSI. I've got SSI enabled by default, and .htaccess is
> not killing it.

Sorry,
I should have added that I'm using 2.0.45.

--
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://timian.jessen.ch - an analog report-formatter using XSLT

Re: [users@httpd] tail -f and resources

Posted by Tim Wort <ti...@pobox.com>.

I don't think you well find it a big problem, utilities like swatch (a
perl script used to monitor logs) also tails the log files and processes
entries which is certianly more overhead than just dumping text to a tty.

In my admin days I watched logs with swatch 7x24 and never noticed any
real degradation.

YMMV

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Mike wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> When making significant site changes, I'll use the tail command (tail -f)
> to watch either the access or (more importantly) the error log files to
> watch as people hit the site.
>
> In using tail -f to watch the error log file, I'm watching to make sure
> there are no orphaned file calls/links that need to be corrected/fixed.
>
> The access log file is typically larger.
> The error log file is typically much smaller.
>
> Does anyone know if using tail -f to watch either or both of these files
> for relatively extended periods of time will use too much system
> utilization, and therefore I should do it sparingly? Or does it really not
> matter too much?
>
> I'm not having any problems. Everything is fine. I'm just wanting to make
> sure that I'm not over-taxing the system - and not even realizing it - by
> using tail -f as described.
>
> Thanks.
> -mike

=        Inkling Research Inc.      =