Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Srinivas Reddy <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/08 06:03:28 UTC

[Review] - Pull request #5681 review

Hi,

After working on Kafka for sometime, I got motivated to start contribute to
Kafka. As this is my first commit here thought of refactored some unit
tests with minimal changes after going through contribution guidelines.

I worked over weekend for code changes and local testing before raising the
PR. But suprisingly no review comments on it.

Here is the link my initial attempt:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5681

Please let me know if there is anything needs to be done from my side to
get it reviewed.

Thank you in advance.

-
Srinivas

- Typed on tiny keys. pls ignore typos.{mobile app}

Re: [Review] - Pull request #5681 review

Posted by Sönke Liebau <so...@opencore.com.INVALID>.
Hi Srinivas,

thanks for your interest in contributing and the work you put into the PR!
I've looked it over and left a small comment.

In general you will probably need to be a bit patient with reviews. Kafka
is a project which a lot of people are interested in and a fairly small
group of committers, so it is hard for them to keep up with pull requests.

That being said, you did exactly the right thing in waiting a little while
and then bumping on the mailing list, just trying to manage expectations
here ;)

Best regards,
Sönke

--