Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@theunderground.net on 2006/04/20 17:53:13 UTC

Jetspeed webapp keeps removing its own web.xml

I am having a VERY strange problem getting Jetspeed2 to run reliably at
our Fedora Core 1 hosted environment. I have a jetspeed2 install out there
using the Postgres database.

Here is the problem:
1) I’ll start Jetspeed2.. Everything is great. I can access the portal,
add portlets, etc..
2) Wait 5 minutes to an hour.
3) The “web.xml” in the /webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/ is deleted. Jetspeed
undeploys itself. There aren’t any cron jobs running on the box or any
other processes that would be looking at the jetspeed2 install folder. In
fact, the permissions on those folders belong to a separate user
(non-root) called “tomcat”.
4) When the “web.xml” is mysteriously deleted, then the
\jetspeed2\conf\Catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml file is also removed which
contains our database information.

In order to fix the problem, I have to shut down Jetspeed2, manually copy
over the web.xml from my local development machine and also copy over the
jetspeed.xml to the “conf” folder for Tomcat. This is ONLY happening with
the “jetspeed” webapp and not any other deployed web applications.. This
is happening consistently.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is a fairly serious problem holding us
back from deploying application in our production environment.

Thank you
Ben Krembs

Re: Jetspeed webapp keeps removing its own web.xml

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od jetspeed@theunderground.net z 2006-04-20 17:53 brzmiala:

> I am having a VERY strange problem getting Jetspeed2 to run reliably at
> our Fedora Core 1 hosted environment. I have a jetspeed2 install out there
> using the Postgres database.
>
> Here is the problem:
> 1) I�ll start Jetspeed2.. Everything is great. I can access the portal,
> add portlets, etc..
> 2) Wait 5 minutes to an hour.
> 3) The �web.xml� in the /webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/ is deleted. Jetspeed
> undeploys itself. There aren�t any cron jobs running on the box or any
> other processes that would be looking at the jetspeed2 install folder. In
> fact, the permissions on those folders belong to a separate user
> (non-root) called �tomcat�.
> 4) When the �web.xml� is mysteriously deleted, then the
> \jetspeed2\conf\Catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml file is also removed which
> contains our database information.
>
> In order to fix the problem, I have to shut down Jetspeed2, manually copy
> over the web.xml from my local development machine and also copy over the
> jetspeed.xml to the �conf� folder for Tomcat. This is ONLY happening with
> the �jetspeed� webapp and not any other deployed web applications.. This
> is happening consistently.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? This is a fairly serious problem holding us
> back from deploying application in our production environment.
I have noticed this behaviour *once* on Debian. I'm not sure about
web.xml, but jetspeed.xml from Tomcat's cong/Catalina/localhost indeed
disappeared.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki