Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Rafael Sainz <ra...@tcmpartners.com> on 2021/03/01 07:48:21 UTC

Quickfix - Add tag to Logon message

Hello,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to add a tag in the logon message with Apache Camel Quickfix component?.
In concrete, the integration case that I am working requires to add DefaultCstmApplVerID (tag 1408), that is a new field required in FIX 5.0.

Thank you,

Rafael

Re: Quickfix - Add tag to Logon message

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

Not sure but I assume you should be able to do so following the same approach as per the example below:

https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-quickfix/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/quickfixj/examples/AuthenticationExample.java#L63 <https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-quickfix/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/quickfixj/examples/AuthenticationExample.java#L63>

Correspondingly in your case CredentialInjector#inject method would need to do something like:

public void inject(Exchange exchange) throws CamelExchangeException {
    LOG.info("Going to add DefaultCstmApplVerID (tag 1408)");
    Message message = exchange.getIn().getMandatoryBody(Message.class);
    message.setField(new quickfix.field.DefaultCstmApplVerID());
}

Babak

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi