Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andrew Vardeman <an...@iastate.edu> on 2002/04/29 19:16:25 UTC

does a request-scoped service have access to application-scoped resources?

Well, the subject pretty much says it--

what I'd like to do is have an application-scoped authentication handler in
front of my "real" service whose purpose is to create homemade (i.e. not
container-provided) session objects and hang them in application
scope.  The request-based service would grab the session ID from the SOAP
headers, get the application-scoped session object with matching ID, and go
from there.  Is there any way for an Axis service to get its servlet context?

Andrew