Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/09/19 13:17:47 UTC

adding extra properties to service/hadoop

I want to add a couple of extra properties to hadoop config files in an
extension of the normal hadoop installation. This may be in a new service,
but it may be on a per-deployment basis

Is there any way to do this today? I could imagine specifying some new
property that points to a file/resource containing extra properties to put
in, with the base service reading this and adding the properties after the
normal defaults. Otherwise it's subclass and tweak (or completely replace)
the Hadoop actions -and I don't want to do that.

-Steve

Re: adding extra properties to service/hadoop

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Why not add them to the .properties file (cluster spec)?

The new properties are not part of the standard groups? (hadoop-common,
hadoop-hdfs, hadoop-mapreduce)

All the defaults are here:

https://github.com/apache/whirr/blob/trunk/services/hadoop/src/main/resources/whirr-hadoop-default.properties

-- Andrei Savu