Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/01/25 04:36:45 UTC

[OT] Lovely constructor,,,,

    public DefaultAppliance( ComponentModel model,
                             Engine engine )
    {
        super( model );
    }

Shall we make a rule that ALL constructors must call super(model) ??

Will they answer?

Niclas

Re: [OT] Lovely constructor,,,,

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>     public DefaultAppliance( ComponentModel model,
>                              Engine engine )
>     {
>         super( model );
>     }
>

> Shall we make a rule that ALL constructors must call super(model) ??
>
> Will they answer?

Only if they extend RichBloke (or is that RichBlock??).

Anywho, with that officially ends my responses on this list for a while.
I am officially unsubscribing from the dev list.  Thank you all, and fair
well.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [OT] Lovely constructor,,,,

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>         super( model );

ROTFLMAO! :D

- LSD

Re: [OT] Lovely constructor,,,,

Posted by Jonathan Hawkes <jh...@adsnm.com>.
It should be documented as part of the contract.  Any developer who wants to
extend his appliance must be married to the super(model).

RE: [OT] Lovely constructor,,,,

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.

> From: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:niclas@hedhman.org]
>
>     public DefaultAppliance( ComponentModel model,
>                              Engine engine )
>     {
>         super( model );
>     }
>

> Shall we make a rule that ALL constructors must call super(model) ??
>
> Will they answer?

Only if you class is deployed in an Avalon Hunk as opposed to an
Avalon Bundle. (Should be noted in the Javadocs.)

    hunk    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (hngk)
    n.
    Informal. A large piece; a chunk: a hunk of fresh bread.

/LS