Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xin Du <du...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/03 20:12:57 UTC

a very wried thing about tomcat 5?

Hi guys, found a very wired thing about tomcat...

Basically, in my tomcat 4 servlet enginee,  I have a  program uses
javascript encodeURI(myparam) before submmit the form to my servlet. And, if
i printout request parameter in my servlet, it is encoded correctly.
However, after I upgrade to tomcat 5.0.27, the parameter is becoming
gabarge.... I found i have to manullay construct a utf-8 string based on
getParameter() value).

Any body knows why it is just working fine in tomcat4 , and i have to do
some workaround to get it working in tomcat5? Is there any configuration I m
missing, or is it a bug introduced at tomcat5??

TIA