Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/02/03 21:39:40 UTC

Going to release Assembly Plugin 2.2.1

Hi

This is just a heads up that I intend to release Maven Assembly Plugin
2.2.1 sometime soonish. It depends on maven-filtering 1.0, so it'll
probably be in a couple of weeks time.

I've moved the fixed issues over from the 2.3 bucket in JIRA, mostly
documentation-related stuff. Other things I'd like to include are:

MASSEMBLY-538 filtering broken in files containing '@'
- I'm working on this one.

MASSEMBLY-522 Thread safety
- It would be great if someone (Kristian?) could have a look at this
one. I'd like to learn how to do this type of check myself, but the only
docs I've found [1] are rather sparse. Any pointers would be much
appreciated.

Are there any other issues you'd like to fix? I'm in no particular hurry
to get the release out, so if you need time to fix things, there's room
for that.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/parallel-builds-in-maven-3.html
    (at the end of the page)

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Going to release Assembly Plugin 2.2.1

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-07 21:21, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> to., 03.02.2011 kl. 21.39 +0100, skrev Dennis Lundberg:
>> MASSEMBLY-522 Thread safety
>> - It would be great if someone (Kristian?) could have a look at this
>> one.
>
> Fixed in r1068087, based on manual code inspection and version check of
> dependencies.

Thanks!

Having @threadSafe for only the non-deprecated mojos is fine for me.

>> I'd like to learn how to do this type of check myself, but the only
>> docs I've found [1] are rather sparse. Any pointers would be much
>> appreciated.
> I added a little extra on the page, but the appropriate place to
> start is usually a book like http://www.javaconcurrencyinpractice.com/
> or similar. It's a huge topic, but armed with the knowledge from a book
> like this, the wiki page is probably sufficient. I *have* been known to
> be fairly terse in documentation so I'll add answer to any questions I
> get ;)

Thanks for the pointer.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
If you plan on using Maven 3.0.x for the releases, it would be very nice to
have a new release of the plugin tools (2.7) as well so that the mojo
description page isn't messed up (MPLUGIN-165).

That's on my wish list at least,
/Anders

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-04 08:57, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Thanks Dennis to take care of this.
> I think we could release all the parent pom chain before and skin.
>
> I can start with the skin.
>
> WDYT ?

Sounds good.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.