Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Mealling <mi...@neonym.net> on 2002/02/13 06:59:41 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper

Ok,
  In jetspeed.log I get:

[Tue Feb 12 20:25:40 EST 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity template: /controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent' in  class org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper threw exception class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

and velocity.log has:

Tue Feb 12 20:25:40 EST 2002  [error] Method getContent threw exception for reference $portlet in template /controls/html/jetspeed.vm at  [67,13]

When attempting to display the the first window after a user logs in.
This jetspeed deployment is completely unmodified from last nights build
except for giving Turbine a mysql database to talk to. I'm running Tomcat
4.0.2 with j2se1.3.1

Any suggestions?

-MM

P.S. I'm also just about read to pay cash to someone who can write
a clear, from tarball retrieval to nominally functional system document.
This lack of documentation is killing me.